5 Things to Look for in a Women’s Health Clinic
by admin | February 12, 2018 5:44 pm
If you’re looking at choosing a women’s health clinic or abortion clinic Queens residents have a number of options. However, not every facility is equal. You do not want to be stuck with a healthcare provider that doesn’t meet your needs in every way possible. We’ve put together five things you should look for in a women’s health clinic–these are an excellent place to start when you are trying to choose a facility for your women’s health issues.
- Clean – Obviously, you want a facility that is clean and follows proper rules for hygiene. If you are not comfortable with the cleanliness of the waiting or reception area, perhaps it is not the right choice for your medical needs.
- Friendly Staff – A women’s health clinic will be dealing with some of your most personal issues. The staff should be friendly, accommodating and willing to answer your questions. Take time to get to know the front office staff and you’ll have a better idea if it will be a good choice for you.
- Meets Your Medical Needs – If you’re looking at an abortion clinic Queens residents may find some women’s health centers don’t offer this service. On the other hand, if you need assistance with an ongoing medical problem, a clinic that specializes in abortions may not be the right choice. Ask what care options are available and make sure you will be in good hands.
- Lifestyle Friendly – You want a facility that is understanding about your lifestyle choices. Some facilities are more LGBTQ friendly than others, for example. Don’t be afraid to ask if the center is experienced with patients who live similar lifestyles to your own. The staff at these clinics should be more than willing to answer your questions and ease any concerns you may have.
- Convenient Location – Finally, realize that Queens is a large borough, so finding a clinic in a convenient location is important–especially if you anticipate several visits. In addition to choosing a good address, realize that you may be uncomfortable after leaving your appointment so think about easy access to public transportation or a location where getting a ride with a friend or rideshare is a possibility.
As you can see, there are many things to think about when choosing a women’s health clinic. Call or contact a couple of different locations and talk to the staff about your questions or concerns. This may be the best way to assure wind up with a facility that helps you feel comfortable every step of the way.
- abortion clinic Queens: https://www.choicesmedical.com/abortion/
Source URL: http://goodchoices4u.com/5-things-to-look-for-in-a-womens-health-clinic/
Copyright ©2018 Good Choices 4 U unless otherwise noted.